YOGURT ALFREDO SAUCE
Super creamy and rich alfredo sauce made with protein-packed greek yogurt! So amazing you'll ditch store-bought versions for good!
Recipe type: Condiment / Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup milk or water (I used fat free half & half)
- ¾ cup of plain greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- ½ - ? cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: ½ teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 teaspoon fresh)
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta noodles, cooked
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic powder. Stir in milk (or water). Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Gradually whisk in greek yogurt.
- Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir until melted. (If the cheese doesn't melt completely because the sauce is too cool, return to stove on low for a couple of minutes) Add salt and pepper to taste and toss with your favorite cooked pasta noodles.
*Store any leftover sauce in the fridge in an airtight container such as a jar. The sauce tends to get very thick - almost solid - after being chilled, just add 1 tablespoon of water or milk and heat it up
in the microwave, then stir til smooth and serve!